Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Another day in the MTC


Hey,
It was good to get a letter from you.  Reading letters are probably my favorite thing to do during the week.  Reminds me that i have family and friends still.  Thanks for the encouraging words on the language.  I know that i need to be more patient.  Its not one of the christlike attributes i was well gifted with.  But i'm getting better thats for sure.  I am trying to fill my batteries here.  Its funny that you use that analogy Russel M Nielson gave a talk on tuesday here and used the same analogy.  It was a really good talk and it was awesome to see a general authority so close.
 
That is terrible news about The CEO.  His family will be in my prayers.  It really does make you think about how fast life can be taken away.  I am so thankful for the knowledge that i have that familys can be toghether forever so that those situations can be handled as best as possible. Its a comfort.  
 
Thanks sending the package.  I didn't know my debit card wouldn't work in Brasil.  I thought it was just a fee to use it there?  I guess i'll just have no extra money if it doesn't work.  
 
I miss the hockey season.  It was good to see that most of my teams are doing well except buffalo needs to pick it up.  I was right in thinking that toronto and tampa were going to do well this year.  We will see if they can keep it up and make it to the playoffs.  Have they starting laying ice there yet? It has been really nice weather here.  Cold in the mornings but nice and warm like 70's in the afternoon.  They opened the field so we've been playing beach volleyball.  I love it so good to get outside.  It is a little harding being in a classroom for that long everyday.  But its worth it.   I'm learning a lot and my testimony is growing.  We were able to go to the temple today that was great.  Last week in class we watched a talk Holland gave when he visited the MTC a few years ago.  It was super powerful and a great pump up.  He talked about how rewarding and important a mission is.  He said if you leave it will ruin your life.  I'd look it up if you ever have time.  It was really good and showed a side i've never seen of him. 
 
Hope all is well.  Its always good to hear from you.
Love,
Elder Parsons

No comments:

Post a Comment