Monday, June 25, 2012

SEVEN WEEKS!

Hey Family!
Wow so it was a week!  It was a holiday here and holiday just means bigger parties than normal with lots of alcohol.  Oh well its pretty much over now.  Just a few people that are still trying to keep the party going.  But it will be my last big holiday here in Brazil!  I`m stoked about that.  I´m not a fan of their parties here and its horrible for the work.  So this holiday is called São Joâo.  It must be some catholic holiday with its name.  But what everyone does is dress up as cowboys and cowgirls....also they have these firecrackers called bombas, the only thing they do is make a loud noise and a bright light.  I think they bought them from the military (flash bangs)  because they are super annoying and i always get super jumpy when they start throwing them.  I´m glad i´m not in Salvador though.  It was so much worse last year there.  I thought i would die.  It wasn´t super bad here.  Also they have special food...corn that they cook until its dry and doesn´t taste good and also they have raw peanuts that they cook in water.  I´m not a huge fan of it.  Peanuts toasted are so much better.    Oh and also they have huge bon fires in the road that just create a bunch of smoke that comes into our house.  But oh well....its over.
The President of the branch here is so cool.  He is what saves this branch.  There are a few other cool people but there are a lot of people that I could do without.  All they do is complain and do nothing.  But President is so calm and he is like an actual friend, not a leader.  We can actually have conversations with him.
But on a better note we did baptise this week.  So that was nice.  We baptised the daughter of a recent convert.  Completing the family.  Its always nice to see the end result.  A family more united with the gospel to help them in their day to day life.  It is a blessing.  
The weather has been crazy here.  It is super hot during the day with a really strong sun.  And then at night its cold.  So at least it is easy to sleep.  I hate it when its hot at night as well.  Makes it so much more miserable to sleep.  Sounds like the weather is about the same at home right now.  But its humid here not dry.  I´m a little worried about that.  I think that i´ll be getting a lot of bloody noses when I get home because of the dry weather. 
So this week we were knocking doors and we found the most elect man ever.  He is so cool.  He loved the message and was at church this last sunday.  He loved church as well.  Only downfall....he is a truck driver and leaves for 20 to 25 days and is only here for 4 or 5 days.  So that will make it super hard for him to be baptised.  But he loves it and when he gets back he wants to continue going to church.  We are also teaching his family.  They aren´t as elect but they are at least nice.  We will see what happens. 
So we went to a museum...well thats what they said.  It was so small and not that cool.  We were hoping for something a lot bigger and cooler.  But we don´t always get what we want do we.  Then we went to the center.  While we were there i fell pretty hard.  We were walking and i stepped off of the sidewalk and here in Brazil nothing is level I hit something unlevel and my ankle just gave out.  I was more embarrassed at the time but now i´m a little sore my wrists and knees.  Oh well.  I should be fine.  I´ve only got 7 weeks left I can´t break anything now...haha.  
Oh yeah so transfers came.  I´m not happy about them.   My companion is leaving.  He didn´t want to leave either.  I finally get a companion that I like and he leaves.  And to top it off my last comp is coming to an area right next to mine.  I was hoping that I wouldn´t have to see him for the rest of the mission.  Oh and even better I´m his district leader so i´ll have to be in contact with him.  My new comp will be an American....i really wanted to end my mission with a Brasillian.  Its so much easy to speak the language when you have a native.  My Portuguese was getting so much better again.  Oh well....its my last transfer so i´ll just have to make the best of it.  Also the President of the Mission leaves.  So a new President will be here...we´ll see how that is.
Well I love and miss you all,
Garrett

No comments:

Post a Comment